Transformational Community Development (TCD) Training
March 2nd - March 4th, 2018
Are you interested in humanitarian aid and mission work helping impoverished unreached/unengaged communities transform themselves from poverty and hopelessness to prosperous, hope-filled lives? Join us for the Transformational Community Development (TCD) Training March 2nd-4th at the Woodcarver building (14960 Woodcarver Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921)! This training is being put on by Global Hope Network International and hosted by Cathedral Rock Church in partnership with Rocky Mountain Calvary. The registration is $25 to cover food and facilitation.
The TCD training will cover:
- how to select the right community to work in
- understanding the difference between relief and development
- helping a community learn to become self-sustaining, self-led, and self-propagating
- training a community to develop in five critical areas of transformation: food, water, income, education, and wellness
- developing local leadership
- teaching you to train an impoverished community to become self-sustaining by learning to identify, prioritize, and resolve their poverty producing problems with locally available resources
- enable a community to be on the road to a prosperous and self-sustaining life – and continue without you – in seven years or less
The training staff has many years of field experience in relief, development, missions, and training TCD. If you have any questions about the training, contact Michael Parks at email@example.com.
Women's Spring Gathering
March 10th, 2018
You don’t want to miss Cathedral Rock’s Women’s Spring Gathering, Saturday, March 10th, at 11 AM at the Woodmoor Barn. The theme is Keeping Our Tank Full. Come and enjoy a special lunch prepared for you while we are being blessed by our special speaker, Gay Williams. Seating is limited so sign up early. We are asking $10.00 per person to help defray costs. Sign up here, or at the table in the lobby on Sunday!
Youth Ski Trip
March 17th, 2018
Our youth ski trip is coming up, March 17th! We will leave from Monument Park and Ride at 6:30 AM and return at 6:30 PM. The cost to attend is $75, but if you are interested in attending, then please still register because we are working on bringing the cost down. This way we will know who all is interested. We want to make sure the youth students who want to attend are able to.
April 21st, 2018
Saturday, April 21st, we will be hosting another disciplemaking seminar in the large conference room at the office (14960 Woodcarver Rd. Monument, CO 80132) from 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM. This is a great opportunity to receive more training and equipping in intentional, relational disciplemaking. Lunch will be provided.